Led by experienced HR Director, Dorothy Johnson (Chartered Fellow CIPD), HR Connexions Wales works with a hand-picked team of associates with more than 60 years of proven HR expertise in public, private, and not-for-profits across a wide range of industries.
Dorothy’s Vision & Passion: to facilitate people and organisations to work together for mutual benefit.
Dorothy Johnson (Chartered Fellow, CIPD) holds a number of board positions, working tirelessly to improve the standing of HR within organisations by increasing the contribution that HR teams make to bottom line savings through HR compliance, change, and control.
Throughout Wales and beyond, Dorothy is known for her people skills. Her sense of humour and interest in others means she naturally communicates effectively (in both English and in Welsh) with the professionals she meets – whether in hotels, the NHS, a manufacturing environment, theatres, charities, or working with farmers, or venture financiers…
This vital skill is further complemented by Dorothy’s talent for examining each client’s Business Objectives and developing the HR Strategy and operational plans to assist the organisation in meeting those objectives; which means that HR Connexions Wales has long-standing, happy, and successful clients.
Having directed an impressive breadth of HR projects for these clients, Dorothy is well equipped to create HR solutions for all eventualities, including:
- Strategic and Operational Workforce Planning
- Effective Performance Management and Talent Management
- TUPE Situation Resolution (from both sides) and Project Management
- Restructure/Redundancy Schemes including Career Counselling & Outplacement Services
- Resolving Difficult Situations (ensuring results are fair, understood and accepted)
- HR Management Development and Coaching through bespoke Training and Mentoring
- Disability Rights and resolving difficult situations whilst at work
- Working with Trade Unions
A Trustee for a Charity close to her heart, Dorothy is also a keen fundraiser, regularly challenging herself to run, cycle, and walk to raise money and awareness for good causes, and has recently walked the Great Wall of China for one such cause.